HOLIDAY RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS Y DON
The terms and conditions for booking our cottage are listed below. Please keep this sheet for your reference.
The signing of the booking form by the party leader confirms acceptance of the terms and conditions set out and shall be binding on the persons listed on the booking form intending to occupy the premises (or any subsequent amendments to this list) .
No all male or female parties or parties of guests who are under the age of 21 will be accepted. For the comfort of guests this is a no smoking cottage; however it is permitted on the patio area. Please dispose of your cigarettes appropriately.
Brochure / website description: whilst all information supplied on internet sites or our website is deemed to be correct to the best of our knowledge, it is understood that the information supplied is for guidance purposes only and does not form any part of contract.
We do wish our guests to have a good time in our villa, but ask that you respect our home and the surrounding homes.
1. A booking cannot be confirmed until a completed booking form and a non-refundable deposit of £100 per week/stay is received by the owner to secure it - this payment is hereby referred to as the holding deposit. Acceptance of the booking is subject to these terms and conditions and the booking will be confirmed in writing/email by the owner.
2. The balance due for the rental, together with the returnable security deposit referred to in clause 5, must be paid no less than eight weeks before the date of commencement of the rental period. Delay in payment will constitute cancellation by the tenant of the booking.
3. In the event that the booking is made less than eight weeks before commencement of the rental period, the total rental, together with the security deposit referred to in clause 5, is payable upon submission of the completed booking form.
4. For cancellations received more than eight weeks before the commencement of the rental period, the holding deposit will be forfeited in full. For cancellations received less than eight weeks before the commencement of the rental period, the holding deposit will be forfeited in full; any other money paid to the owner by the tenant (excluding the security deposit referred to in clause 5 which will be returned in full to the Guest,) will only be refunded to the tenant if the owner is able to re-let the property before the commencement of the rental period. In the event of the property being re-let at a lower rental than that to be paid by the tenant, the owner will only be obliged to refund to the tenant a sum equivalent to the actual rental obtained. If for any reason the booking is cancelled by the owner, all money paid by the Guest, including the security deposit, will be refunded to the Guest. Cancellations (except in the circumstances described in clause 2) must be made in writing.
5. A security deposit of £150 per rental is required to cover any damage to the property or contents, or loss during the rental period. The security deposit will be banked, and refunded to the tenant in full, or the balance returned at the latest within four weeks of expiry of the rental period.
6. The rental period will commence at 4pm hours on the first day and terminate at 10am hours on the last day. Vacating after 10.00am may incur a charge equivalent to one days accommodation cost unless previously agreed with the owner. Guests maybe able to arrange to arrive earlier or depart later if the cottage is empty.
7. The maximum occupancy permissible at Y Don is 6, plus a baby, for whom a cot is available for hire. (A camp bed can be available unpon request). Numbers of occupants in excess of this, subletting or sharing of the property is not accepted in any circumstances. Violation of this clause will result in immediate termination of your tenancy, and forfeiture of all payments.
8. The tenant will be responsible for maintaining the property, furniture, finishings and equipment in the same state as at the commencement of the rental period, and will indemnify the landlord against any loss or damage caused by the tenant (or the cost of any non-local telephone calls) in excess of the security deposit referred to in clause 5. A final clean is included in the rental rate, but the tenant will undertake to leave the property in a reasonable state of order and cleanliness. Extra cleaning by the caretakers over and above what is usual on the day of departure will be charged for, and deducted from the security deposit. There is a BBQ available for your use and enjoyment, we appreciate you cleaning this before departure and if found in an unsatisfactory state a charge of £25 will be incurred.
9. The tenant will without delay report to the owner or to the owner's representative any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in or on the property and arrangements will be made for repair or replacement as soon as reasonably possible.
10. The tenant will allow maintenance personnel, cleaning staff, the owners and the owner's representative reasonable access to the property for the purposes of repair and maintenance.
11. Please contact the owner regarding bringing your dog, they are usually accepted at a cost of £20 per stay. The Guest will not allow pets to enter the bedrooms, be left unattended at anytime or climb on furniture. Any mess on the patio or garden should be cleaned up immediately and if necessary a hose pipe is available.
12. The Guest will at all times exercise caution when using the Hot Tub, and will fully comply with any instructions or notices from the owner or the owner's representative in relation to the use of the Hot Tub. (You are required to have a shower before entering the Hot Tub, to wash off any sun cream or moisturisers as this disturbs the chemical levels). The Guest will comply fully with any safety measures in relation to the use of the Hot Tub, including covers. Children should be supervised at all times and no under 16’s should be allowed in unattended. The Guest will indemnify the landlord against any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of any breach of this clause.
13. The tenant will ensure that all windows and doors are closed and locked when the property is left unoccupied for any period. If the property is to be left unoccupied for two or more consecutive days during the rental period, the tenant will give not less than 12 hours prior notice either to the owner or to the owner's representative. The tenant will indemnify the landlord against any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of any breach of this clause, including without limitation, any loss or damage resulting from the landlord's insurance being vitiated as a consequence of the tenant's actions.
14. LIABILITY – The property is privately owned and neither the owners nor the management personnel accept any responsibility whatsoever for personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects, however caused. It is therefore recommended that you take out your own travel insurance.
15. The owner will not be liable to the Guest for any defect or stoppage in the supply of public services, or for any temporary defect in the property or any loss, damage or injury beyond the control of the owner.
16. Under no circumstances will the owner's liability exceed the amount paid by the tenant for the rental period.
17. In these terms and conditions the singular will include the plural and the plural will include the singular.
18. No person who is not a party to these terms and conditions will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
19. These terms and conditions and the contract between the owner and the tenant will be governed by and construed in accordance with British law and each party hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the British Courts.
THE TENANT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO ARRANGE COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE INCLUDING CANCELLATION COVER, PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND PUBLIC LIABILITY